A Real Life Psychologist Says Looking at THIS Dog Will Instantly Improve Your Health
That’s a hell of a claim isn’t it?
So how are we going to ever fulfil such a bold statement? How are we going to show you a dog who is going to improve your health right here, right now?
Well first, let’s do the science bit.
According to Mark Stibich, a consultant at Columbia University these are the some of the very real, tangible benefits a human receives when they curl the corners of their mouths upwards. An act commonly referred to as ‘smiling’.
A smile, you see..
1. Makes Us Attractive to Others. There is an automatic attraction to people who smile.
2. Changes Mood. If you try, even when it’s difficult, to smile when you are not feeling good, there is a change it might improve your affect and change the way you are feeling.
3. Contagious. Others will want to be with you. You will be helping others feel good.
4. Relieves Stress. Stress does express itself right in our faces. When we smile, it can help us look better, less tired, less worn down.
5. Boosts Immune System. Smiling can actually stimulate your immune response by helping you relax.
6. Lowers Blood Pressure. When you smile, there is evidence that your blood pressure can decrease.
7. Releases Endorphins and Serotonin. Research has reported that smiling releases endorphins, which are natural pain relievers, along with serotonin, which is also associated with feel good properties.
Duchenne smiles are the only type of smile that creates this positive effects. These smiles engage the muscles in the mouth, cheeks, and eyes and are considered to be genuine smiles.
So – we need to produce for you a dog who is going to to induce a Duchenne smile, right here, right now. Can it be done? You be the judge.
Now if you managed to avoid a full smile watching that dog in action, hats off. You’re a stoic champion.
Enter your email and never miss out on receiving our best articles: